Friday, January 21, 2011

MySQL

According to the work with MySQL databases I am sorry to announce that we`re not ready to show how are we going to use it, I lost a significant amount of time tryin' to fix the VirtualBox screen resolution (it does not allow greater than 800x600), reading stupid tutorials on the Internet that don`t work.. doh. The problem was that some of the windows I needed were bigger and I couldn`t see most of the screens, until I found that there are simple VBox Guest Additions. So far I have a MySQL server and a database, but I still need to find out about tables and how exactly to use MySQL for the right purposes (it`s only my first time working with it).
Tutorial -> http://bayu.freelancer.web.id/2009/03/06/how-to-create-mysql-database-on-ubuntu/
-Tomy-

2 comments:

  1. What is the relation between screen resolution and mysql?
    Any links to how you made it work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no relation between them, but I needed to be able to see the whole configuration screen for the server and the small resolution did not allow me to, so I needed to figure out how to make the screen bigger. I fixed the resolution by installing VBox Guest Additions and I`ll put a link to the MySQL tutorial.

    ReplyDelete